Welcome to my blog! My name is Natalie Franke and I'm a wedding photojournalist and portrait photographer in the Philadelphia, Baltimore, & DC metro areas!

I specialize in capturing candid moments as they unfold and finding real emotion in each image that I produce.

I love my job & feel so blessed for all of the incredible friendships that I have gained through photography. I'm happy that you've come across my little piece of the universe! Take off your coat & stay a while!

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Pictures may fade, but what they capture is forever.

When people ask me when I was first interested in photography, I'm never quite sure how to respond. It's only been a year since I've started photographing portraits, but I've always had this love for cameras! When I look at pictures from when my grandparents were children, it reminds me how truly important photography is. Although my great-grandparents died decades ago, when I see this picture of them it feels like they are still here. They are a piece of who I am, from a time long before I was born. I wonder who will be looking at my images a hundred years from now, whose family members will be reminiscing from remaining prints of the generation before. =) Just knowing that I'll be able to keep someone's memory alive is enough for me! 

This is a picture of my great grandparents with my grandmother as a young child.

I currently have three photo sessions on the editing block! One is half way completed and I hope to have them ALL done by Monday! (YAY!) So hold on tight & thanks for being so patient! I love my clients!

Yours Truly,
Natalie Franke

6 comments:

Michal said...

OK OK,I will look at your photos a hundred years from now. :)

Beautiful photos - as always.
Have a great day.

Armin DeFiesta said...

Great post Natalie, couldn't agree with you more about the value of photos!

Shining Windows said...

old photos are so cool. I know i treasure the ones our family has...

Shining Windows said...

hey Natalie, getting snow? we are under a white blanket.

Abby Lanes said...

I love your reflections on the importance of photography and I can hardly believe you've been doing portrait work for only a year. I've just started learning photoshop, and I want to edit some of those great grand parent pics too! Lovely entry.

Moshe Zusman said...

So cool! I wish I had like those, of my family.