Welcome to my blog! My name is Natalie Franke and I'm a wedding photojournalist and portrait photographer in the Philadelphia, Baltimore, & DC metro areas!

I specialize in capturing candid moments as they unfold and finding real emotion in each image that I produce.

I love my job & feel so blessed for all of the incredible friendships that I have gained through photography. I'm happy that you've come across my little piece of the universe! Take off your coat & stay a while!

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Dandelions

One of the things that has always amazed me about photography, is the ability for a camera to portray something in nature so that it can be interpreted in a completely new light. Take a simply dandelion for example. Some people look at it as a weed, something annoying that pops up in the yard this time of year. But when you look closer, you can see all the little fibers that string together to create the entire sphere of whimsical white seeds. It's an entire mystery of cris-crossing spindles that cling together until just the right wind comes along to blow them away.

The miracles of nature do not seem miracles because they are so common. If no one had ever seen a flower, even a dandelion would be the most startling event in the world.
-Anonymous




Yours Truly,
Natalie Franke

7 comments:

naturligsjarm said...

I love what you write about the "weed". I also love the way the camera makes everything so interesting and beautiful!

Love your blog. AND your photos!! You are my inspiration!

Courtney said...

Your nature pictures are always so beautiful!

vida :) said...

oh, i love the last picture :)

Theresa Choi said...

Hi Natalie! These are beautiful! And I love the DeFiesta family portraits you've taken! :)

anushreegavasphotography said...

looove the quote Natalie...n fabulous shots....

Life.Art.MidnightSnacks. said...

thanks Natalie!!! yes...anytime you involve photography and food (my two favorite things!)in one sitting it is bound to be a great time!!! haha- see you soon!!! :-)

Shining Windows said...

love these Natalie! hope you weather is better than ours. rain and more rain. hey, what template are you using...I want to have more photos like you do...