Welcome to my blog! My name is Natalie Franke and I'm a wedding photojournalist and portrait photographer in the Philadelphia, Baltimore, & DC metro areas!

I specialize in capturing candid moments as they unfold and finding real emotion in each image that I produce.

I love my job & feel so blessed for all of the incredible friendships that I have gained through photography. I'm happy that you've come across my little piece of the universe! Take off your coat & stay a while!

Monday, April 20, 2009

Three Years Together!

It was 3 years ago that my incredible boyfriend, Huey, and I started our journey together! We met doing crew at the Annapolis Rowing Club and we've been inseparable ever since! If I had to list all the things that I love about him, it would take me months. When we started dating, we couldn't drive - so we would walk to the beach from my house, carry a blanket, and spend hours staring up at the stars. It was through these hours of sharing our joys, fears, and insecurities that I found my soul mate. 

"The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, 
that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds, 
and that's what you've given me. That's what I hope to give to you forever."  
- The Notebook

I love these pictures! Taken just a few weeks ago after a photo shoot, the sun was setting & my friend Krystal offered to take a few pictures of us. It wasn't until I got home that I noticed the cross blurred in the background amidst the colors of the sky.
To celebrate three years together, I had a picture of us from this winter printed on canvas.
The thing I love about this picture is that it was one of those candid moments.
My hair is a mess, we're dressed in sweats - it's just who we are.



I'm really excited to start offering canvas prints like this to my clients as well! =) They have such an incredible quality about them - so true to the original image too! Yay!

Yours Truly,
Natalie Franke

6 comments:

Life.Art.MidnightSnacks. said...

Natalie! That canvas is beautiful! Congrats to the both of you! oh and this is Astrid by the way :-)

Life.Art.MidnightSnacks. said...

Thank you!!! No problem about Saturday- I don't think I can make it either...yeah I started the blog just a few weeks ago to track my learning process and post all the fun sessions I have been doing for people :-) We will have to pick a day and hang out- I have never seen Annapolis! :-)

Katelynne Lowensen said...

wow. that photo is amazing. i love it

Maggie said...

that canvas photo is stunning!

Michal said...

Congrats!!!
The canvas print is awesome, the photo too.
Have a wonderful day Natalie.

anushreegavasphotography said...

ooo...the canvas is great....loovely words too Natalie...
hav a great life ahead.